WE'RE GIVING AWAY A 9 NIGHT CRUISE TO THE SOUTH PACIFIC FOR A LUCKY FAMILY OF 4!
Do you want to experience an unforgettable Carnival Cruise for yourself? We’ve got your holiday covered from mouth-watering dining options, endless fun with our awesome activities, thrilling waterpark and award-winning kids’ clubs PLUS discover tropical islands! So, what are you waiting for?
WE'RE GIVING AWAY A 9 NIGHT CRUISE TO THE SOUTH PACIFIC FOR A LUCKY FAMILY OF 4!
Cruise the pristine blue seas of the South Pacific where sunshine and smiles meet.
You can take a dip in the crystal clear waters, be welcomed by the locals as you check out the markets, feel the white sand between your toes and just relax in laid-back island paradise.
With over 45 activities a day, Carnival Splendor is decked out from bow to stern with a whole heap of FUN!
PACIFIC ISLANDS CRUISE
Sydney, Noumea, Isle Of Pines, Mystery Island, Mare Sydney
For your chance to WIN, simply enter your details below to be in the draw:
Carnival Cruise Line "The Fun You" competition
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prizes, form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Carnival plc trading as Carnival Cruise Line (ABN 23 107 998 443) of 465
Victoria Avenue, Chatswood NSW 2067, phone (02) 8326 4000.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their
immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible
to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse,
child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, stepgrandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 12:01AM AEDT on 10 February 2020 and closes at 11:59PM AEDT
on 3 February 2021 (Promotional Period).
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence, employment status, booking
reference and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with
these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may
be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at
any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
- Winner will be notified by email, and on the Promoter’s Facebook page (Carnival Cruise Line
Australia), on Tuesday 9 February 2021.
How to Enter
- To enter, eligible entrants must, within the Promotional Period, visit the competition landing
page at www.carnival.com.au/win and submit the online entry form during the Promotional
Period and provide the Promoter with their contact details, including (but not limited to) name,
full address, email address, phone number and date of birth and agree to sign-up to receive
mail and or email newsletters from Carnival, and be able to accept the prize in its entirety (see
condition 12 of these T&C) if they are a winner. If a drawn entrant is unable to accept the
prize it will be forfeited (no compensation will be paid or given in lieu), and another entry will
be drawn until an eligible entrant can accept the prize. All eligible entries will be entered into
the draw (the Entry).
- There will be one prize draw. The draw will take place at the end of the Promotional Period at
MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060 at 2:00pm AEDT on 5 February
2021. All eligible entries received during the Promotional Period will be entered into the draw.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified by email on Tuesday 9 February 2021. The winners name will be
published at the Promoter’s Facebook page (Carnival Cruise Line Australia for a minimum of 28
days) on Tuesday 9 February 2021. The winner must confirm acceptance of the prize by
Wednesday 5 May 2021 by replying to the notification
email. If a winner does not accept the prize within the specified time limit, the winner forfeits the
prize and the Promoter may, subject to any laws, award the prize to another Eligible Entrant in
an unclaimed prize draw on Wednesday 12 May 2021, at the same time and location as the
original draw. The new winner, if any, will be notified by email and announced online at the
Promoter’s Facebook page (Carnival Cruise Line Australia for a minimum of 28 days), on
Friday 14 May 2021, and must confirm acceptance of the prize by Friday 21 May 2021.
- The prize includes:
- 10 days, 9 nights accommodation in a Quad Balcony Cabin for 4 people on D217 – ‘9 day
sailing to New Caledonia and Vanuatu roundtrip Sydney departing 26 April 2022;
- onboard main meals (with the exception of those restaurants which have an additional
cover charge) for 4 people; and
- selected onboard activities, evening entertainment, and access to nightclubs (with the
exception of those activities and facilities which have an additional cover charge) for 4
- Total prize pool value is up to AU$4,296 which is correct as of 23 January 2020. The Promoter
takes no responsibility for any variation in the prize value.
- The prize does not include flights and/or transfers to/from the winner’s home to the departure
port of Sydney. Any costs associated with transport to/from the departure port will be the
responsibility of the winner and will not be borne by the Promoter. Shore excursions or other
onboard activities, spending money, additional meals, taxes, insurance, passports, visas,
vaccinations, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs
are not included. Prize must be taken from 26 April 2022.
- Alcohol consumption and gambling onboard are restricted to passengers aged 18 years of age
- Each winner and their companions are responsible for ensuring that they have the necessary
and valid travel documentation including, passports, any requisite visas and vaccinations. The
winner and travel companion will be responsible for any expenses incurred in obtaining
necessary travel documentation, including any fines, or penalties incurred as a result of not
having the requisite travel documentation. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its
absolute discretion. A credit card imprint or cash deposit will be required from the winner at
check-in in order to board the cruise ship, for all incidental charges.
- The prize must be taken on 26 April 2022 which will mark the commencement of the cruise.
The prize is only available on this date and cannot be changed once the booking has been
made. If the winner and travelling companion are, for whatever reason, unable to travel on the
nominated date, or do not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by the
Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner, and no compensation
will be given or paid in lieu.
- Standard terms and conditions of travelling with the Promoter will apply, including any
applicable age restrictions. See Booking and Passage Conditions at
https://www.carnival.com.au/au-legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx which passengers will be
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner and/or his/her travelling
companions to take part in any or all aspects of the prize if it determines in its absolute
discretion that a winner and/or his/her travelling companions are not in the mental or physical
condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize, or if they pose a risk to the
safety and wellbeing of any other passenger.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the
right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or
specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be
taken as cash.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as
- The Promoter may (but is not obliged to) at any time reject and/or remove from access by the
public or disqualify or invalidate any Entry that it considers (in its sole judgment) infringes these
terms and conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants in that regard. If this occurs
in respect of a winning Entry, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the next
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and
is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event
they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an
unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including
any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that
allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries
submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law the Promoter: Is not responsible for
any problems or technical malfunction of any computer equipment, software, technical
problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination
thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s
property related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; accepts no responsibility for
any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by users or by any of the equipment or
programming associated with or utilised in connection with this Promotion, or by any technical
error that may occur in the course of this Promotion; and accepts no responsibility for any error,
omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line
failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law (including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth))
and without limiting any other conditions of entry, the Promoter may, in its discretion, terminate,
modify or suspend this promotion. All entrants who have entered this promotion at the point of
termination, modification or suspension of the promotion will be notified by the Promoter by
email. In the event of modification or suspension of the promotion, the entrant may choose to
terminate their participation in the promotion at no cost.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including their officers,
employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or
any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where
arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or
not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not
after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the
Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any
tax liability incurred by a winner, winner’s travel companion or entrant; or (f) attendance at the
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize
winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may
exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources,
including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of
Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner and his/her companion must sign any legal
documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter, including but not limited to a legal
release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and administer
the prize and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not
limited to agents, contractors, service providers and prize suppliers in the United States and, as
required, to regulatory authorities in Australia, New Zealand and the ports of call on the prize
cruise itinerary. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an
indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing,
publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or
https://www.carnival.com.au/au-legal-notice/privacy-policy. Entrants should direct any request
to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter.
- When entering this Promotion via Facebook, you agree to release Facebook from all liability
and claims arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or these terms and conditions.
You acknowledge and agree that your Entry must be in accordance with Facebook's Statement
of Rights and Responsibilities and can be removed at any time by the Promoter or otherwise in
accordance with Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with
Facebook. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Promotion should be
directed to the
Promoter. When entering the Promotion via Facebook, you are providing your information to
the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit
to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/20/41912 & ACT Permit No. TP20/00168.
Connection to the internet has been lost